Sunday 12 February 2012

The Litigators.


A Grisham.  A mighty fine Grisham at that.
Having said that, I've never read a Grisham that's disappointed me.  I'm a big fan.  I even loved Theodore Boone, which received very mixed reviews (although I'm convinced that about 80% of negative reviews were written by disgruntled people who couldn't work out that 'Grisham for a new generation of readers' meant that it was for a more junior audience...)
A couple of comments on The Litigators said that it was funny/amusing.  Personally, I didn't see that as a particularly noticeable aspect of the story, but there we go!
Absolutely loved the plot.  Amusing 'break down' of a character early on, some entertaining character development throughout.  I found the storyline predictable, but that didn't bother me in the slightest (just inflated my ego a little bit!)  The trial is portrayed in a great fashion.  There's a sort of inevitability to the course of events, but that doesn't detract from it being a great piece of storytelling. Absolutely loved his work. Again!

No comments:

Post a Comment