Saturday 19 November 2011

The Barnabas Factor



Not quite sure why, but I've just flick-read through this book again.  I think I may have been given it some years ago, and enjoyed it then, but today it sort of leapt off the shelf at me, so I thought I'd scan through in gaps between writing my own book...
Anyway, it's basically a weaving together of two threads.  One is the story of events in a fictional Parish Church.  The other is an examination of (Saint) Barnabas and encouragement as a gift and necessity for the church.  It is an encouraging read (appropriately!) and an enjoyable one too.  Through encouragement comes forgiveness, building up, restoration and hope.  The message is delivered nicely, and there is a thorough look at what the Bible has to say about it.  I'd recommend it (though it's generally available second-hand - might be a struggle to pick up new these days...)
It's a relatively easy read, and one of those books that spurs you on to do good things.  Now I just need someone to try it out on...

No comments:

Post a Comment